Cork is naturally stain and water resistant. To improve the durability of your cork item and keep it in top shape, you should clean it regularly with warm water and a little soap, using gentle circular motions. To perfectly clean your cork wallet or bag, follow these instructions:
- Add a small amount of mild detergent to warm water.
- Dip a soft, clean cloth into the detergent solution and wring it dry. Dust off any visible dirt, making sure you cover the entire surface in the first brushing.
- Dip your your cloth back into the solution and wring it a little less the second time. Start rubbing the surface in circles as gently as you can. Move through the piece, getting to those places where there is still dirt on.
- If you feel it’s necessary, dip the cloth again and rub difficult spots again. Don’t forget to go easy on the surface.
- Once you feel you’re done with all the dirt, you should get a clean soft cloth and wipe the item clean. Allow it to dry naturally out of direct sunlight.